Wednesday 10 February 2016

Like For Ever - February Subscription Kit


This is my first ever Like For Ever subscription kit. I’ve never subscribed to a scrapbooking kit before and I didn’t really know what to expect, but as it had been recommended very highly, I thought I’d give it a go.

If you know my other blog  My Perfect Life, you know that I love a challenge – I really find that having restrictions actually frees up my creativity. I was hoping that a kit would have the same effect – challenging me to create using materials that I wouldn’t necessarily have chosen myself.

The kit arrived (of course) in a pizza box. There was a substantial pack of papers and co-ordinating cardstock at the bottom, with embellishments etc on top , and a little bag containing some washi tape which was a welcome gift. There was also a page of layout sketches on top.

Most of the items came from two collections – We R Memory Keepers ‘Crush’, and Crate Paper ‘Hello Love’. I have never bought any overtly Valentines themed papers, but now I’ve got these, I do think they are more versatile than I thought.  There was a good mix of designs including bold graphic patterns and more traditional florals…not to mentions hearts!

First Love: It was love at first sight when I saw the bright metallic gold Thickers , and the wood veneer embellishments. I have a Silhouette Cameo so I never buy these kinds of things, but I couldn’t wait to start using these.

Growing on me:  I wasn’t so sure about the ‘Crush’ die-cut cardstock shapes – again, something I would be unlikely to buy and yet, I have already used quite a few. Overall, all the items in the kit seemed good quality, but I was disappointed that the die- cut saying ‘Feb 14th ‘ had some foiling missing. I filled in the gaps with gel pen, but you can see it (on the layout below).  There were a minority of die-cuts that I know I will never use because I think they are a bit weird (the one saying ‘there’s no-one I’d rather lay next to on my phone with’ for example…????)

There was also big pack of Pebbles heart confetti which I didn’t think I’d use. However, they do work quite well as individual little embellishments, and I may use them in a shaker. Will I ever use up the pack? Only if I take it to a wedding, I think!

Blind date: There are a few items I’m not sure I will use.  A couple of doilies – I have a big pack of these somewhere,  two paper bags – no ideas for these yet, and some faceted gem-shaped rub-ons. I’ve noticed these gem motifs around lately – it’s a bandwagon I’ve yet to jump on, but I usually end up jumping on bandwagons, so watch this space!

So overall, my first experience of Like For Ever is a postive one, and I post  two of my creations below.  ( For more details, please visit me at My Perfect Life.

Thanks for visiting my new consumer blog where I will post reviews, news etc about the craft stuff available to UK crafters. I hope you will become a follower. I have no connection to Like For Ever or any of the barnds mentioned and I paid for this kit with my own hard-earned cash. 




1 comment:

  1. Interesting reading. Haven't ordered any kits but I love to see what people make with them, when I come across this kind of post in blogland.

    ReplyDelete